Tuesday, February 28, 2006

First NRC race of 2006 is this weekend !


Well, this is the weekend I'm been shooting for. It's the first race on the National Race calendar. The McLane Pacific Criterium on Sat and the Road Race on Sunday. The picture is the layout for the Criterium, it's a .8 mile course that looks to be a bit of a challenge. I did the road race last year and have a good idea of what to expect.

This is the first "A" race on my training program and I am relieved that my chest cold is on the way out and I feel pretty strong. I went on the Sat fast ride this last weekend and rode well despite getting a flat and doing a solo chase to Nacasico. I think my top end will be back just in time to lay it down this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing how my fitness is going to hold up to the 100 strong field that's already pre-reg'ed for both races (in the Elite 4). For the Crit I have 2 teammates and 5 in the road race. Most everyone seems to be riding well and things could really happen if we can stay together and work some team tactics.

Time for a little bike maintenance and double checking of supplies for the weekend. I'll post reports next week. With some luck, very good reports :)

Peace out~

1 Comments:

Blogger linebrake said...

good luck, nick! i hope the weather behaves.

good to see you on the bridge yesterday. we should ride sometime, although i fear i have lost my fitness. i still have a sweatshirt of your's i think.

<br>

10:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home