Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday's rock

I finally got out to the Port of Oakland and did the fast ride tonight after work. Last year It whipped me into shape after 3-4 weeks. It's going to help me get "polished" up for the next "A" race, the Burlingame Criterium.

When I did this ride for the first time last year, I got dropped a few times. After about 4 weeks, I could hang on and throw down some attacks, recover and stay with the group.

I can safely say that my fitness is vastly improved from just 6-7 months ago. Today I managed to hang in the group from the start, and did a lot of work at the front. I wanted to chase breaks for sprint practice and then have a go at the end. I didn't manage to get away really but I strung it out good. Our avg speed was 22 mph for 45 min. With a top speed of 38 mph. Nice little crit training race~ for free. I feel ready to ramp up the intensity and sprint work....

I love Tuesdays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home