Monday, December 25, 2006

One Speed X-Mas

Happy Holidaze!


Ya, X-Mas. My favorite time to go ride trails. Hardly a sole in sight and the whole Headlands feels like it is your playground. I went out today with Dan and we rode out to the F.A.A. radar sight in the Marin Headlands and back, for a nice 2 hour ride. The weather started out cold but after we dropped into the backside valley the temps were a bit warmer than I had expected. With the cloud cover it was 60 and humid. I haven't ridden my SS in 6 months? and I was kinda amped up this morning to go ride.
The Destination...

I was tired but I had fun. It had been awhile since riding up to the radar site, what a great view! I was glad to have brought the camera and took some pic's. A little bit of mud, some hard climbing and good company. On the way home I bombed a bit of the Presideo with Dan and then cut off for a bit more single track. I forget how much good moto there is in the Presideo! The Boyz..

My SS felt really good and I plan on doing a bit more with the SS here in the next month. A good X-Mas ride for sure. Here are a few photo's, enjoy!

Peace~

The rides....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice. your 29er towers over the other bike. my unleaded should be converted to single in a couple weeks...

10:29  
Blogger velopicante said...

hey big boy, I wanna ride your "9er" some time ;-) I'm seriously think'n about gettin' one and wanna make sure it's my thing. you headed down to the early birds this weekend?

11:23  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hey! it was great to chat with you as well, Nick! I've been following your blog for a while since we're both focused on too many things (cross, xc, road).

so, I've got a custom Sycip Diesel (SS) sitting in my livingroom since July that I haven't built up? I don't know much about SS. Any advice? I put together a dream components list but it might be silly. can I pick your brain?

Lorri@velogirls.com

12:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home