Monday, February 19, 2007

TOC

Neutral Start in Sausalito lap 1

O.K I need a new camara, 1.3 megapix is just not cutting it. I decided to ride over to Sausalito with my buddy Dan and scope out the race. Well, I am not one to get star struck by any means, but I have to say I was impressed with the sights and sounds at the start area. I used to race motorcycles and like bike racing, there is a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff you don't get to see on TV. It's interesting to see the pro's in person. Guy's you think are short or tall, big or small never look like you think, in person. There are a lot more guys my size or bigger in the pelaton then I really thought. I always had the impression that 6 foot was a bit on the big side for a Pro cyclist but apparently not....

After watching the promenade laps Dan and I rode over to Mill Valley and had a nice breakfast ie: eggs/bacon/hash browns and happiness! We then rode up to 4 corners, down Hwy 1 and got to see a bunch of names drawn on the road.

All in all a good day and I put in 2.5 hours to wrap up the 3 day weekend with a total of 10.5 hours. No racing for me this weekend, but next week I'm planning to do the Merced crit, jezz I hope it doesn't frek'in rain.....


~From La California to Tour of California~

Cool Beans........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home