Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Don't call it a comeback........


Riding in style


Cuz I was never really gone....

Ahhh... the port ride, it felt great to be back. For the last six weeks I have been taking it easy and dealing with the school thing. I started back up on a proper yoga regiment three weeks ago and things are coming along nicely, so good in fact I decided to do the Albany crit this coming Sunday to get in some racing before Howell mtn.



last night was great. I didn't know where my fitness stood and after the ride--I now have a good idea. Well, it went better than expected. While I couldn't really attack or jump hard, my power is back up to where it was before the Memorial Day fiasco. I'm still on the lower end of my fitness curve but I am happy with where I am. The avg speed for the ride was 44.8 km/ 27.9mph. I checked my notes and I haven't recorded an avg speed that high for an hour effort, race or otherwise. So, a good sign for sure. It was sweet to have Andy, Josh, Marc, James, and Tyron (for at least a lap: double flat.) Sure is fun racing around with the boys. The group was good, with lots of Lombardi and Cyclesport guys putting down the pace...... FUN STUFF

Bring on Albany.


I guess the ride was quick.


1 Comments:

Blogger meh-wee-uhn said...

"The avg speed for the ride was 44.8 km/ 27.9mph."

Yep. Sounds about right.

17:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home