Friday, August 03, 2007

Papa's got a whole new bag.

Cyclocross is on the horizon and I am super motivated--more so than ever this year. All things considered I had a good season last year and I have approached the 2007 season completely differently.

SS MTB races have been the key goals this year with road cycling playing a supporting role. I've had some good form, bad luck and bad form--good luck. I got some more fit issues sorted out and a lame crash to bounce back from. This year has thrown a lot of challenges my way, including returning to school for a business degree.

However, the training data (love the Power Tap) shows huge improvement (power vs HR etc... blah, blah, blah....) in only the last 4 months I have been using it. I have also broken almost all my PR times for various fitness tests from earlier this year. So... things are coming along, somewhat slower than planned, but the improvement is there and for now-- I'll take it.

I have some exciting devlopments related to the CX season, that is just extra motivation to train harder and smarter... Shoot, I even started my running this week, a month sooner than last year...


I laugh every every time I see this pic....

Cyclocross....Gotta love the pain

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

exciting new developments? do tell! team related?

09:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home