Thursday, September 06, 2007

Giro di SF and CX update.

33rd addition of the Giro di San Francisco


Giro:

Masters 35+ 1/2/3 Teammates: Channing, Jeff 20th Place

Elite 3 Teammates: Scott, Jeff, Marc 49th Place

I felt good and the race was fast. Not much too exciting to report besides a big crash on the last lap next to me in the M 1/2/3 race, same old story. I was on the wrong side of the split and a group went clear. I finished maybe top 30. It was a gas up until then. Hey... stayed off the ground tho!

So in the E3 race when nobody wanted to ride, I just decided to attack on the hill somewhere around 4-5 times. One of those, staying clear for over a lap. With all the soft-peddling and bunching. I was hoping to string things out or get a break going, so my teammates could move around and do less but only one guy wanted to play.

With 7 to go. I was mid-pak and my head wasn't in it. Riders were fanned out across the course into turns 1-2 and top of the hill. No passing lanes like the M1/2/3 race, just holes to dart into. The pending CX season means to much to me, to be taking any big risks at this point in time. Bummer.... as I felt so much better in the later race. At least my fitness is there.

Metromint did a good job of advertisement for this race, at least in the city. I saw adds everywhere. The crowd seemed bigger than the last few years. It was great that Steve had the Acclerade tent for the Fusion boys to congregate at and warm-up. Thanks Steve!



Big thanks to Keith Williams of Williams wheels, who has been doing nurtal wheel support for a lot of races in the NCNCA. He has been great to me and others from Fusion Sport a lot this year. I rode on the new 30X wheel set which have redesigned hubs (more flange) and ceramic bearings. They were really fast rolling and smooth. The lateral rigidly also seems to have improved. I highley recommend these wheels. A fantastic wheel at a reasonable price web direct.




The Brits (James, Andy) warming up. I love the rollers!



Ummm what gear to start in?



Well you know it's cross season when men in dresses flock to GGP. I rode the SS out to race #1 so, this being a rest week for me, just drank beer and jeered my fellow racers. It was quite fun really, watching the twisted faces of pain, agony and... DUST. I need to get a better camera.


I was coughing as it was, just spectating.... uggh. Please rain in OCT!!!!! I like mud. Watching the race was good, it fired me up and got me feeling anxious to race. CCCX and Loin of Fairfax will probley be my first races unless I can get things sorted before hand equipment wise.....



Men in dresses and chicks dressed like dudes...must be....

DFL Cyclo cross-dressers series!







The big news this year:

For Cyclocross, I will be riding with the new Ritchey Elite Team and we'll be campaigning the new 08' Scott Team Edition......Thank you Scott Bicycles! Drivetrain will be SRAM Force sprinkled with lots Ritchey components. Got word frames are here and the SRAM components will be here next week. New kits and other stuff will show up around Interbike.


This CX season is going to be a blast. I am up for it.


Jesse snapped this pic @ Eurobike

Yup that's my new ride.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home