Thursday, October 04, 2007

NCNCA Cup Race #1

The official results are finally up and I got 18th place. I felt pretty good before hand and know I could have done better. But after hitting the ground hard within the first lap, I would say not to bad.... I finished.

The real battle was with myself to pick myself up off the ground and solder on. With my shifter bent in and crappy shifting from that.... I had to also contend with a seat that pushed back 100% and bent saddle rails. With 5 laps to go I almost pulled out of the race. I had to go to work right after and I started thinking bailing home early to clean up for work would be the thing to do.

Hell no.... I dug deep and did what I could. I am a firm believer that what does not kill you makes you stronger and the mental toughness clinic I was engaged in, is something you either relish or despise.

RELISH.....

I did this race last year and we had 18? riders. This year 38 riders w/ only 29 finishers. This is, in my opinion, a terrible course. Super bumpy, narrow, and the worst finish area possible. Oh well.

Coming up this Sunday is the Pilarcitos opener in Brisbane, it going to be a slugfest. I pre-rode the course and it should be a fun time. And yes..... it has a nice, wide road start/ finish. Ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home