Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ya baby


Bay Area Super Prestige Series #3 McLaren Park

Place: 22nd
Teammates: Jesse (7th) and Tim (DNF)

This is one extremely hard course. I looked at the results and a lot of guys DNF'd. Towards the end I just wanted to finish. with 1 1/2 laps to go I got lapped by Dave and Justin and thought I might get my race ended a lap early but crossing the finish line, I motioned to Casey "one to go?" and get gave me "two fingers" and I put my head down and kept the pressure on. I was getting close to empty. I managed to take a few spots back on other riders mishaps. Much to my dismay one of them being Tim, he hurt his back in a spill and was out :(

I had got a pretty lame start and first time on the run up, I missed the pick and ran my bike up the hill. That was a big mistake. Guys passed me on both sides, as I was not shouldering my bike and left lanes open. Crap. From there I tried to get into a groove and pick riders off. There really was not a lot of safe places to pass and at times a little frustrating.

All in all I can't be to bummed about it. After not quite feeling that great this week, I moved up into 22nd overall, from my fall to 29th after my own DNF last round at Candlestick. Jesse however has now moved up from 7th--into 5th place. He is doing a fantastic job.


11 times up this hill... ouch!


I woke up this morning planning to do a super easy ride for about 40 min or so. This is the first time in a long time that I looked at my bikes and just didn't feel like playing. I'm not burned out but I was feeling the efforts from the race. Mostly in the neck, shoulders and upper back. the descents were so bumpy. I feel like some one has been smacking me in the neck with a 2X4....

There was another great turnout for the race again. Thanks to Dad for the water feed. I was having a hard time breathing within 2 laps and really needed some H20 to clear the throat. Thanks Dad! Big props to Scott/ Ritchey teammates Jesse, Tim and Cody (who snapped his derailleur and missed the B's) for showing up.

My number one fan..... DAD

YAH! So happy it was over.....


Well up next is CCCX #4 combined w/NCNCA cup#4. I don't really care about the NCNCA standings as I am not in it at all, but I'm currently 16th overall for CCCX (even after missing a round) and we're heading back to Prundale, which for whatever reason, seems to suit me. Looking at the results from last year (rookie A season) I'm doing better... but have had a lot more drama. Hopefully I can move on and just string together some higher placings that I know I am capable of. All I can do is keep it together and show up ready to go. Maybe a tubular sacrifice to the CX gods is in order LOL!

See you out there!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home