Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Weekend Update"


OK... I'm a little behind on the posting....

Last weekend was CCCX #6 AKA " Barrier Palooza". I got a slow start but moved up here and there on the opening lap. First time over the double log jump and I ran into trouble. I was a bit sideways going over the first log and my right foot un-clipped and I had no time to do anything other than bite it, on the second log while lying in 10th? or so. I tagged my right knee and it was tender but OK. I got passed by a few riders then ratcheted it back up and passed a few guys back. Once into a decent rhythm, a lap or so later, I stacked on the tricky single uphill barrier (which I was making every time up until then). Up again and I am motivated now to just stay on the lead lap. Then... I stopped to help out a rider who was face down in the dirt. I have to admit after that, I had a hard time focusing on the race and just wanted it to be over. I haven't hopped any barriers all year, so really, I was doing pretty well and feeling good for the most part. I finished 15th.
This Saturday I went to race in Livermore. I was looking forward to a good day and the conditions were fantastic. Tacky, sunny and cool. I met up with Cody and Jesse and rode some laps for warm up. Cody did a fantastic job finishing 3rd in the B race right before our event.


Some nice conversation before the start with Jesse...



Then it all goes horribly wrong..

Yup.. that's me #104 picking myself up from hitting the deck.... hard. At least I managed to fall on my left and have a whole new set of bruises. Ugh......


I not sure why I fell. My foot wasn't stuck and it was if the bike washed the front out from under me as I unweighted while dismounting. when I got up, abit slowly, I noticed that my front wheel was jammed on the brake pad, sudo-tacoed and a broken spoke on the rear...

GAME OVER


I would have stayed to watch Jesse race but I had to be at work right after the race, so I packed up and jetted off to work. Jesse ended up winning the race. Congrats bro! So... bad day for me but a great day for the Scott/ Richey team. This year has not been kind to me at all but I'll keep plugging away at the remanding races in the next few weeks.

Well I had already planned out a big mtb ride for today and I was looking forward to a fun SS ride after my poop race day. I got up this morning and had some pretty sore muscles. Nobody else managed to make it, so I rode a shortened version of the original plan. I went out to Mill Valley, had coffee and then rode up to East Peak Tam coming home the same way.


View from the top looking out at the City....
With the weather so nice, I had to stop and take a few pic's. The ride ended up being 3.5 hrs/ 70km. I wasn't really tired, just banged up from yesterday. I'm glad I rode the shorter ride! Ahh nap time...


Heading home a little tired but feeling good....




Nice to end the last week on this....
A happy holidaze to all!






1 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

dude! aren't those chick glasses?

happy holidays anyways!!!

12:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home