Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And he goes back for the wind up....

This last weekend was a fantastic one for riding. I managed to get out Sat before work for an hour and a half but Sunday was the biggie. 132 km 4:45 and lots of climbing with a low gear of 42X25... ouch. I had planned on a big ride but not as big as it turned out to be and got my $$ worth. I rode with Brad and Marc and we rode strong pretty much the whole way.

The ride started at the bridge and took the usual route up to Fairfax over White's and past Nacsiao out to Pt. Reys. We then rode up the coast (hwy 1) till the Bo-Fax intersection and proceed up. This is 3 hr's into the ride. The climb took me 25:12 @ 300wts. I barley hung on to Brad on the way up, which for me is an improvement. The mtb has really been helping with my speed uphill. After all was said and done I was out for the count after a cheeseburger and beer for 3.5 hrs. HA! Here is the Powertap data....




Coming up this weekend is a smakdown of racing for me. First is the Ronde Crit on Sat, which directly after I have to bolt to work. Then I drive down to Ft Ord for the CCCX #4 MTB race. The course should be the same for the most part. Someone posted a cool course map on Motion Based. We did 5 laps last round. Should be a very hard race once again. I managed to move up into 2nd overall for the series and although we get 2 drops out of 9 races I would rather drop my 2 lowest placings than miss any races....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home