Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Benicia Crit weekend

E3 was first up and after the CX race on Sat. I wasn't sure if my legs would be any good. They were pretty sore from the first CX race of the season, mostly from the running.

Well, the 3's race was not to fun, I felt so-so and while the course was cool. There was a nasty exchange of words from a rider who IMHO was out of line. He was trying to sneek up the gutter on the roller-back side and there was no room. He got shut out and then proceed to yell expletives at a friend of mine. Not one lap later he veered into him and it was getting out of control... What is it with the E3 field this year? it's been douche-bag central. Big egos and not a lot to show for it combined with poor racing.... My legs were spent at the end and I was planning to also race the Masters 1/2/3 so I coasted across the line some where mid-pack?

An hour later was the M 1/2/3 and this was, as expected-- a much better race. We rode @ least 2+ kph faster over the hill every lap. Pace was high and the riding while not perfect, so much cleaner. It's really making me not want to ride the E3 races anymore. In the end I was pretty tired and I lost touch with the front runners on the hill and managed to sprint into something like 24th? place, not sure.

Better way to end what started out as a negative day of racing. My teammate Gabe did great and might have broke the top 10... Impressive after also doing the CX race in Livermore as well... It was fun to race with Keith D. and Mtb legend Mark Weir...

Definitely a hard weekend of racing, I'm hoping to get a good race fitness boost out of it. We'll see... This Saturday is the SF Twilight Crit just a few blocks from my house. It will probably be the last road event for me as we head into the CX season....

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home