Saturday, September 06, 2008

LARPD #1 CX race

Photo by David P.


I hadn't planned on doing this race but got my shit together and headed out to what I knew would be a hot day of racing in Livermore. 100 Degree temps were forecast and at 10 am I was sweating just talking to people. It turns out we raced on a new course (no stairs). I really liked it. Lots of passing room and more wide open with lots of grass. Looks like the LARPD guys have stepped up their game. Good stuff!

I got a good start, about 5th--then after a few laps, moved up into 2nd? I felt OK but started to get a little dizzy out of the saddle and felt super parched. Geoff was doing hand-ups for Gabe and I after his great Masters race, thanks!! but I could feel my energy draining every lap.

With about 2 to go I thought about pulling out but I really wanted to finish so I did the best I could to keep it steady and bring it home. I slipped back a bunch to finish 8th. Not terrible but I know I could have done better.

I just hope I can bounce back enough to be ok for Benica crit Sunday. We'll see..

Cycocross season had officially started! Enough with the 100 degree temps huh!


Great for beer drinking not for racing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home