Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Mud and guts...



Well.. it seems that the real CX weather has come.  I have been busy with lots of things and while I bought a nice new SS CX bike to jump back in the mix this year, things haven't worked out thus far for me.

Getting sick 2 days right before my wedding was inconvenient to say the least but also squashed any hopes of being in shape for races in the later half of Oct and here now in Nov.

I'm starting to feel better and got some decent mileage on the bike last week. it feels like the fitness is slowly coming back. Will it be back in time for some Dec racing?  probley..  but at this point I'm already looking towards the road season. A proper, full CX season, will have to wait until 2011.

I'm excited to have accomplished my goal of a Cat 2 upgrade this year and look forward to focusing on the M 1/2/3 and some P 1/2 races too. So the silver lining of this Cx season's cloudy day is...  ample rest and a stronger desire to compete for the 2011 season. It worked well skipping Cx in 2009-  so rest and re-load..

See you out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home