Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bike racing......

Day 2 Elite 4 group at the start for the crit.
One thing I have learned from bike racing is that it's not for the faint of heart or weak minded. There are more ups and downs than the stock market. This last weekend did not go so well for me. I DNF'd both days. The pace was not faster than races I have done and while I might not have been in contention for a top place, in normal conditions I should have finished with the group.
What happened you say? I wish I had a definitive answer and have been asking myself the same question. Over trained? no..resting HR well within normal. Only thing I can think is my stomach was quite unhappy leading into the weekend and I suspect it might have had something to do with possibly picking up a stomach bug and/ or too much Ibuprofen. I hardy ever take the stuff but after the last 3 weeks of solid racing my legs and back were a bit sore! Hey I'm not a spring chicken anymore! Bottom line is I am on a rest week and next, with no racing until Wente weekend, unless I bounce back and start feeling good before hand.
I did get to see my guys in the E4 race do a great job of working together. Cullen strung the group out on the last lap and set up Tyron for the sprint which he placed 3rd in a very close top 3. Good stuff guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home